SOLD ON LARGO – DOWNPAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Up to $55,700 Available
The City’s downpayment program seeks to help households reach the dream of homeownership
The program can help with a 0% interest rate, 20 year deferred payment mortgage loan.
- Up to $55,700 toward down payment/closing costs for households below 80% median income
- Up to $40,000 toward downpayment/closing costs for households with income between 81-120% median income (Limited funding available for this income level)
- Up to $15,000 toward downpayment/closing costs for households with income between 121-140% median income (Limited funding available)
- Additional down payment funds may be available through State Bond Program
- Income levels available to serve may be limited by funding availability throughout the year
General Eligibility Requirements
- Household is a first-time homebuyer (have not owned a home in the past 3 years); or
- Lost primary home to a natural disaster and want to purchase a home (even if owned home less than 3 years ago); or
- Is fleeing from domestic violence and want to purchase a home (even if owned home less than 3 years ago); and
- Household must contribute at least $1,000 toward the purchase
- Home must be located in Largo City Limits (household does not have to currently live in City limits); and
- Household must be income eligible
To get started, call us at 727-254-5353
Additional downpayment opportunities may also be available:
Pinellas County – 727-464-8210
Pinellas Housing Finance Authority – 727-223-6419
Homebuyer Education & Counseling
Not sure if you are ready to buy a home? Completing a homebuyer class and using the free housing counseling services will help you explore the homeownership process and prepare you for buying a home.
Applicants for the Sold-on-Largo program must complete a Homebuyer Education class, Financial Fitness class, and a one-on-one housing counseling session for eligibility for the program. The City contracts with NFDM to provide these classes/counseling.
Homebuyer Classes at www.HomeBuyerCert.org:
This counseling is FREE (Use LARGO as the Coupon Code)
Household Budgeting/Credit Counseling:
One-on-one counseling is available through NFDM to help prepare you for homeownership.
FREE Online Education
We offer Online Homeownership Housing Counseling and Education Certification Program as a convenience to those potential home buyers whose schedules or circumstances do not allow them to attend regular classes and one-on-one homeownership counseling
Use LARGO as Coupon Code – No Cost